Search for atmospheres
Battle of Metz, 1944
Battle of Metz
General Patton and General der Panzertruppe Otto von Knobelsdorff faced off in the most heavily fortified city in Europe. The battle took from September until November, and Patton became the first person since Attila the Hun to take the city.
Although the city fell to the Americans, Knobelsdorff's strong defense did what the German command wanted: to delay the Americans for three months, giving German troops in France a chance to retreat and consolidate their positions on the German border, behind the Westwall.
Comments for "Battle of Metz"
License details for "Battle of Metz"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Monastery Bell by A Rowan +)
- 1940's Jeep motor by Alex F +)
- War Ensemble by bone666138 +)
- Deutsche Panzerabteilung by Call of Duty +)
- Bunker Buster by GuardianSoldier +)
- WWII Battle Ambient by GuardianSoldier +)
- City Rain by loopbasedmusic from http://freesound.org +)
- cannon shot far by Man from http://freesound.org +)